My rear view mirror dropped off during the winter. I have tried various products to fix it back but none worked that well. Eventually I tried the Loctite 319. This stuff is awesome.
- Remove the button from the mirror so that you are only glueing the small part and not the weight of the whole mirror.
- Take the mesh that comes with the Loctite and cut it to the required size of the button.
- Clean the window with some cleaning alcohol to remove any grease, etc
- Clean the button with some cleaning alcohol to remove any grease, etc
- Put the glue on the button
- Place the cut down piece of mesh on to the glue and use the glue stick to make sure the mesh is covered
- Place the button on to the window (making sure you have it properly oriented with a notch to the top) and hold the button in place and count slowly to 30.
The button should at this point be fairly secure. I then left it to set for about an hour. I then reattached the mirror to the button. Feels really firm and secure.
I should also note that I waited until it was a warm sunny day so that there was no condensation or moisture on the windscreen and the windscreen was warm. This helps the glue work to its full effect.